Nottingham Cars Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and new general Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is Nottingham Cars Limited of 20 Wollaton Road Nottingham NG8 1FD.
1. Information we may collect from you
1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us on the telephone, on our website (www.nottinghamcars.com) (“our site”) or on our mobile application (“our app”) or by e-mail. This includes information provided at the time of making bookings for our services or for any other reason if you need to make a complaint or report a problem with our site or our app.
Such information will include:
- Your contact name, address, e-mail address and telephone number
- Pick up dates and times of travel
- Pick up and drop off locations
- Number of passengers to be collected plus any luggage
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you contact us by telephone, your telephone call may be recorded and your telephone number stored.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- When you use one of our location - enabled services we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of our services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use a particular feature you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose which you can enable or disable on your own device.
2. Where We Store Your Data
The data that we collect from you is stored on our secure servers. When you use our website we use industry standard SSL technology. Any payment transactions are encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to open a personal account, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
3. What We Use Your Information For
3.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any bookings that you have made with us
- To sharing such information with third party fulfilment companies for the purpose of fulfilling a booking request by you which is not being carried out by us
- To ensure the content from our site and our app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or hand held device
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where (if required to do so) you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
- If you are an existing customer of ours, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which we have previously supplied to you.
4.1 We will not pass on your information to third parties to use your data for marketing purposes
4.2 We will not disclose any information (we receive from organisations we are contracted too, who have contracted us to carry out passenger transport on their and their passenger’s behalf) to any third party.
4.3 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our fleet of drivers in order for them to carry out our obligations arising from any bookings that you have made with ush3p>
4.4 If we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with legal obligations, or in order to enforce or
apply our terms & conditions of supply and/or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Nottingham Cars Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information within other companies and organisations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Retention of Data
Data may be retained as long as your account is active or until such time you no longer wish to use our services.
6. Deletion of Data
If you request termination of your account or no longer wish to use our services, you can request that your data be erased in which case it will be erased within 28 (twenty eight) days. To request that your data be erased please contact email@example.com
7. Access to Data
If you require a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact the Nottingham Cars Data Controller on firstname.lastname@example.org
A "Cookie" refers to a small file that is downloaded onto your device (such as your computer, mobile phone or tablet) whenever you visit a website. These “Cookie files” allow the websites you visit to recognise your device and to gather information about your interaction with the website, as well as the device you are using.
A Cookie, by itself, cannot be used to identify you.
9. Opt-Out of Cookies
You can choose to opt-out of cookies being stored on your device by disabling Cookies in the "Settings" your Internet browser, commonly found under the "Privacy" and / or "Security" tab(s). For step-by-step guides on how to remove cookies in various internet browsers, please click here.
If you do choose to refuse all Cookies and opt-out of Cookie Tracking, our website may not function for you as intended.
10. Links to other Websites
The Third-Party Data Processors policy does not cover the links to external websites contained within this website. We encourage you to read the Privacy Statements on the other websites you visit.
11. Changes to This Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 26 April 2018.
If your complaints cannot be resolved by us, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).